Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Good News

Well last friday the 21st, I went and got a second opinion about having lasik eye surgery and to understand the reason why I was not a candiate at Restore Vision. I went to Boise with my mother and grandma cause my grandma had an appointment with her radiation doctor at St. Luke's, so I was not far from my appointment. I got there a bit early to fill out paperwork and to tell you the truth I was nervous sitting there cause I did not know what the outcome was going to be. I was taken back into a room where the nurse had me look at an eye chart with my glasses on. I had to tell her which lines were clear to me then I had to cover each eye after that. Then she took my glasses to check the prescription and she was surprised on the strenght and yes I will admit that I do not have good eye sight. We talked about the reason why I was told that I was not a candiate for Lasik and that I was not given a reason from the center.

I then went into another room where she had me look at a red light so she could measure my cornea's and then tested my pupils to see how big they get in the dark for night vision. She did explain that my cornea's are to thin, but she will run some numbers to see what the best procdure would be for me. She came back and told me that I could still have the Lasik but I would only be guarnteed about 90% of my vision and that I would probably have to wear glasses and or contacts. The next option was to have a lens implant done and that would the best option for me. We talked more about the lens implant and that when its put into the eye it goes inbetween the pupil and the orginial lens of the eye. They do not remove the original lens, so basically its like a contact but permant but it can be removed if vision in the changes and be replaced. So after the new year I will be planning on having the surgery just don't know which month it will be. Stay tuned

No comments: