Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hoover Dam

I was on top of the dam when I took this picture. Here it will show how much of bridge that they got done and that they working on more supports that will run underneath the bridge to support the road. They said that the bridge is about 800 to 900 feet above the colorado river.


This picture I took when I was looking out through one of the vents located on the side of the dam. I got a different view of the dam, bridge and the river. Here you can tell how far the bridge is above the river.



This part of the bridge is on the nevada side. They have made a lot of progress. The road that leads to the bridge is all paved up to the bridge.


This part is on the arizona side. We are coming down the hill heading to the dam when you get a veiw of it. A lot has changed since the last time I was there and that was over 3 1/2 years ago.




Here is Tara and I sitting in our last class of the day. Here we met a guy from Delaware who said that about two years ago he came to Idaho to help with the forest fires that we had. As you can tell tara and I had been laughing when he took the picture.



No comments: